Earth Day Redux 2012 and Other Sustainability Issues
We kicked off the weekly Backyard Farmers market stand (Saturdays from 10am – 4pm between Beagles and Delis on N. Davidson Street) as well as formally introduced Backyard Produce (type in discount code FREEDOM10 for $10 off your first weekly order) delivered, as they say, from our backyard to your front door. Fabulous service.
Photo courtesy Carla Loftis
This is what a weekly $25 order looks like (that you pick out yourself online and is delivered to your door – soon completely greenly).
The service offers local AND organic, as well as other products (meat, cheese, free range, etc.) We are working with Back Yard Produce to become their statewide transportation and green delivery arm, starting here in Charlotte.
It’s the only company of its kind in the country, and we are looking forward to an exciting collaboration on several fronts (more surprises coming, we promise).
After the market (which made the local news despite the rain delays), we distributed extra leftovers to the neighbors.
Photo courtesy of Carla Loftis
If you notice at the bottom of this blog now, we have a video response option, if you’d like to leave us one. How was the experience?
More coming tomorrow as we gear up for our weekly Saturday market, but here’s a picture you didn’t see on the news:
Video shot by Optimystic Video
MV-1 operated by Christopher Clapp of Flow MV-1 Group
Check in with us tomorrow for more breaking “news.”
Oh, yes, there’s more coming….tease, tease.
Check in often. Like tomorrow.
- Earth Day: 42 Years Later (debh2u.wordpress.com)
- NoDa Celebrates First Earth Day Event EVER for Earth Day 2012 (greentaxisnow.com)
- Earth day (laurieanichols.wordpress.com)
- Earth Day – What We See (janettalk.wordpress.com)
- Neighbors clean up litter for Earth Day (beaconhill.seattle.wa.us)
- The Earth Is The Lord’s. Happy Earth Day! (tbolto.wordpress.com)
- Earth Day Rocks! (morningtempest.wordpress.com)